The Journey Pure Center for Professional Excellence is a multidisciplinary treatment center for professional men who want to recover their lives, their passions, and their integrity from the effects of addiction, depression, anxiety and other behavioral problems. Working within a context of small group settings of no more than 12 persons at one time, CPE has created an intimate environment in which a person can find deep recovery. Not only does CPE specialize in recovery from the impact of addiction. We focus deeply on the recovery of the lives people hunger to have. For 23 years we have quietly and diligently helped people see who they are made to be, so they can return fully to what they are created to do.
For this process to be successful:
- We fully participate in the 12-Steps, while also concentrating on emotional awareness that complements the structure of the Steps.
- We begin family work with significant others from the first week of treatment onward, knowing that return to healthy relationship is primary to reinforcing recovery.
- Because we become impaired through relationship, we concentrate on the repair of relationship capacities through intense education, individual therapy, and group process. This focus on the emotional aspects of relationship moves a person to live fully, love deeply, and lead well a life worth sharing.
- We offer only extended treatment for professionals because of the importance of their multiple forms of expertise that society depends upon.
- We create individualized treatment plans that fit the needs of the person in treatment, which includes a reentry plan for work.
Good treatment for professionals fortunately exists in many places. However, if the treatment does not meet the gold standard of recovery FROM what ails a person, so that they can have recovery OF the lives they are created to have, that treatment is not the best treatment. We strongly recommend that CPE be your choice for the recovery of the life you were created to have.
David “Chip” Dodd, PhD
Founder and Executive Director
Center for Professional Excellence
Chip Dodd is a teacher, trainer, author, and counselor, who has been working in the field of recovery and redemption for almost three decades. After receiving his PhD in Counseling from the University of North Texas, he co-founded Bent Tree Counseling Center in Dallas, TX and served there as the clinical director.
In 1996, Chip and his family moved to Tennessee where he founded and currently directs The Center for Professional Excellence (CPE). His own recovery motivates him to help professionals get recovery of the lives that they and their families were created to have. Chip met his wife in their hometown, and they were married in 1983. They have two grown sons.
Chip is the author of the best-selling book, The Voice of the Heart, which explains in detail his guide to living fully–The Spiritual Root System™. He is also the author of The Perfect Loss and a series of meditation books: Live Fully, Love Deeply, Lead Well.
- Leadership Training
- Parenting Skills
- Addiction Recovery
- Conflict Resolution
- Group Therapy
Chip earned a PhD in Counseling from the University of North Texas and a MA in English from the University of Mississippi.