At JourneyPure Center for Professional Excellence, we include several different evidence-based treatment approaches into the care that we provide our clients. This includes common therapies such as individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy, as well as experiential therapy and adventure therapy. And while these therapies are extremely beneficial in helping clients understand the root causes of their addictions, understand how their behaviors might have impacted others, and how to move forward in recovery, there are additional approaches that we utilize in an effort to solidify our clients’ recovery even more.
Our programs are all reflective of our 12 Step-based program. By incorporating this tried and true form of addiction treatment into what we do at JourneyPure Center for Professional Excellence, we have not only helped clients while they were residing on our campus, but also after they have left the facility.
What are the 12 Steps?
The 12 Steps are set of guidelines that those in recovery can utilize to continually achieve genuine healing and recovery from addiction. Programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) are fully founded on the principles of the 12 Steps, as are other support groups for addiction.
The 12 Steps are as follows:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol – that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The 12 Step-based program is not connected to any political or religious outlets. However, the program is highly spiritual in a way that promotes healthy wellbeing and the understanding of addiction.
At our facility, we utilize these exact 12 Steps by including clients in meetings. Here, they will learn what 12 Step meetings are like, will be introduced to or refreshed on the steps, and guided through them in an attempt to achieve deeper, more effective recovery.
Benefits of Our 12 Step-Based Program
At JourneyPure Center for Professional Excellence, we incorporate 12 Step programming into all that we do. We have not only heard of the amazing benefits of this program, but we have also seen their impacts on all of our clients.
For starters, the 12 Step-based program brings people of all ages, races, genders, and backgrounds together under the umbrella of addiction. Through meetings, our clients can openly share their experiences with drugs and/or alcohol, as well as listen to the experiences of others in an attempt to achieve positive self-growth.
When clients leave our facility and continue to attend 12 Step meetings, they can benefit significantly from obtaining a sponsor. A sponsor is someone else who has been in the program and understands how to work the steps. A sponsor will also be readily available to the individual if he or she is in need during their recovery, which can add an extra layer of support to an already tricky time in one’s life.
12 Step meetings and groups have proven to be life-saving. Not only are these meetings able to help keep individuals accountable and on the right path, but it can also help them stay connected to a network of recovery that will constantly encourage them to prevent relapse.
While most of these benefits occur after leaving treatment, we at JourneyPure make it our goal to introduce the 12 Steps to our clients and help them build a foundation set in its principles. As our clients complete their treatment and continue on with their newly recovered lives, we encourage attending 12 Step meetings to continue to do the work related to their recovery.
We Can Help
If you are struggling with a substance abuse problem or addiction, please do not wait any longer. Our 12 Step-based program can help you end your addictive behaviors and begin again with a fresh slate. Call us right now at 844-259-9926 to obtain the treatment that you deserve.